Sri Lanka Easter Sunday bombings: more than 200 people killed
Here are the key points according to the New Zealand Herald:
- At least 207 people have been killed and 450 more injured in a wave of suicide bombings targeting churches and hotels at Easter in Sri Lanka
- About 30 foreigners are among the victims including Americans and Brits; Kiwis tell of being at the centre of terror
- No one has claimed responsibility for the attacks but the Sri Lankan Government has blamed religious extremists
- Thirteen people have been reported to have been arrested so far
- Sri Lankan authorities have blocked most social media services in the country, including Facebook, YouTube, WhatsApp and Instagram.
Image credit: Getty (via NZ Herald)